tp21 is your managing partner for your interdisciplinary research project, your multi-center clinical trial or your technology transfer plans.
20 years tp21 - thanks to all our collaboration partners
The 17 projects, short listed for funding, involve 136 research teams from across the EU and beyond will work on:
- Improving epidemiology and public health, including our preparedness and response to outbreaks
- Rapid point-of-care diagnostic tests
- New treatments
- Development of new vaccines
The recent escalation of restrictions related to the COVID-19 outbreak may hamper applicants’ ability to prepare and finalise high-quality proposals.
For this reason, for Horizon 2020 calls with original deadlines between now and 15 April, extensions will be applied. The precise new deadlines for each call and topic will be published on the call and topic pages on the Funding and Tenders Portal.
IMI call now published: Development of therapeutics and diagnostics combatting coronavirus infections
Scope: Considering that this is a newly-identified virus, the scope of this topic remains broad and must address at least one of the following objectives:
- development of antivirals as well as other types of therapeutics to address a rapid response to the current COVID-19 outbreak;
- development of therapeutics to address the current and/or future coronavirus outbreaks;
- development of diagnostics, ensuring rapid evaluation of candidates based on existing technologies;
- development of fast and reliable tools that go beyond the state of the art for detection of COVID-19 carriers and symptomatic individuals suspected of COVID-19 infection.
Preventive vaccines are specifically excluded from the scope of the Call.
- From EFPIA companies and IMI2 Associated Partners: to be defined based upon selected proposals
- From the IMI2 JU: EUR 45 000 000
- Submission deadline: 31 March 2020
For full details of the topic, including the budget breakdown and the General Conditions for the Call for proposals, click on the links above (which take you directly to the relevant page of the Participant Portal) or read the IMI2 - Call 21 Text.